cookies

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Electric Holiday Video Review

If you haven't seen what Barney's and Disney put together, check out the link below!

Disney and Barney's New York Presents "Electric Holiday"

It's better than I imagined! Even Gaga was in it! They did a great job with re-creating the characters. I am not sure if that was due to the petitioning of the images, but I absolutely loved the video. Minnie is truly adorable and it doesn't change the way I view Minnie Mouse at all. She's a fashion icon of her own with the prominent large bow and white bloomers under her dress. Truthfully, I'm surprised there hasn't been any attack on the way Princess Tiana and Snow White were perceived because their characters were already pretty thin already. They lengthened their legs and thinned their faces, at least noticeably for Snow White. I am not sure if that is due to current animation and perception of her because she was developed back in the 1930s. Anyway on the brighter side, Daisy's outfit was my favorite on the runway. They did such an amazing job of animating real people, I was able to distinguish each person as they were introduce in the video. It was quite fun picking them out. The direction was perfect. Focusing on Minnie Mouse (versus Mickey) was crucial, and it is almost empowering that it was Minnie's time to shine. However, I did feel it was kind of perpetuating the Disney idea of needing a man to make your life happy, since Mickey was the one who actually purchased the dress for her. Sorry to be a kill joy! I know it's supposed to be cute that her boyfriend/husband thought of her and bought something for her but at the same time I see that view as well. With that being said, I can't wait to see the collection. Hope you enjoyed the video as much as I did.

x Brittniss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only kind words please.